First, I reviewed the different sense that we could use.
Then, I brainstormed a bunch of things that went along with each sense (although I used the 4th of July to model!)
(I had offered them partners, trios or quads. I picked their partners from my stick bin)
Of course, some were more organized...
I gave them on of the sheets from Nicole's pack, and had them brainstorm words (independently) that they wanted to use in their poems.
Then I modeled a very simple poem on the board-and had them do the same on the back of their paper.
After they finished, we talked about how boring that poem was, and how we could make it better-with revisions, adding in more details and figurative language.
They revised their poem, and then went to their final drafts. They had their choice of papers, or they could do it on plain and decorate it.
Smiles and Sunshine,