I customized my Target sign!
I thought I could make it better-and I did!
The first thing I did was to gather all of my tools.
|Not pictured: The paint pens I used|
|The paint is Martha Stewart's Craft Paint Pearl in Putting Green|
While the paint was drying, I went to my computer to type up what I wanted to put on the arrow-and brought it over so I could make sure that it would fit!
I turned the paper over and rubbed my pencil of the back of the letters.
Total cost for the project-$3-the cost of the sign-I had everything else!
Instead of doing a table and splitting the cells-I decided to do each date in circles!
It looks so cute! Since the days were so wonky with the dates as I had originally had them (I had a lot more Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesdays than I did Thursday, Friday, Saturdays), it was really throwing off the formatting.
Since I didn't really fill in the boxes the previous two years, I thought I could go with something smaller.
It also allowed me to add some extra clipart to each month-all fitting in with that month's theme of course!
|Covers-I need to laminate them!|
|This is from the book Making Thinking Visible- a great read!|
I also did two paintings! One was at the studio I normally go to, and the other was a surprise! My friend had tickets to do a paint nite with her daughter (the traveling one that goes to different restaurants), but her daughter had something to do at the last minute, so I got to go instead!
|Paint Nite Painting|
Have a wonderful week!
Smiles and Sunshine,